Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Those Pesky Elk


I hate elk.

No, I hate the fact that every time I get myself in a good spot to get some photos something happens.

I just spent over an hour, jumping creeks, climbing fences, pushing my way through some of the prickliest crap that the devil put on this planet, sneaking on my hands and knees and crawling flat on my stomach in the mud to get photos of some elk. I was all decked out in a camouflage outfit that John loaned me and froze in place every time they looked at me. John would have been proud of me. Of course during all of this, I’m trying to keep my expensive camera out of the mud, water and branches only to not be tempted to spike it off the floor when I get back to the house.

The danged elk SPOTTED me and took off so I put my camera on the sport setting because that's how you get ACTION shots and every danged one of them is BLURRY! The only thing I can figure is that in order to use the sport setting the lighting has to be really good. I had pretty good lighting but not full sun. What a bunch of baloney.

Well, I did manage to get a couple good ones of some STUPID cows. No bulls tho. SPIKES DON’T COUNT!

No comments: