Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter



Today's Photo is Mt. Jefferson with a sunset. I've got plenty of photos of Mt. Jefferson with sunrises but this is a first for me with a sunset. It's not an incredible sunset but it was all Mother Nature had to offer at the time.

In honor of the Easter holiday I will share my Easter poem with you.

Red Neck Easter

You walk into the cabin with your drawers a saggin’
Your old hound looks up at you, his tail is waggin.
You hang up your coat, throw your hat in the chair,
Stretch out your back and pull in a long breath of air.

“What’s that smell?” You wrinkle your nose,
“Smells like your frying up a piece of garden hose!”
My hackles raise up and I stand with dismay,
“How dare you walk in here and talk to me that way!”

“For all I care, you can go sleep in the barn,
But I can see in your face, you don’t give a darn.”
Lookie here what I fixed for you honey,
A nice stew pot full of Eater bunny.

He was a hoppin around those old beer kegs,
Carrying this here basket full of Easter eggs.
Ad lookie here honey, isn’t his handy?
Under all them eggs was this Easter candy!

It took me awhile to get a clear shot,
So I could throw him into this old stew pot.
It wasn’t easy getting this here meat,
I wrestled the hound off and be bit me in the seat!

I stood up, howled and pointed the gun at the dog
And that stupid bunny ran into the pen with the hog!
The pursuit was on right through that slop,
He eluded me with a quick easy hop!

I chased him round the corner, and felt like a dork
‘Cuss that darn bunny knocked of the pitch fork!
I stepped on the tines, the handle knocked me in the head,
I fell to the floor thinking “That bunny’s dead!”

The rest of the story will have to go untold,
I can’t quite recollect, but that hound got quite bold!
I got him fair and square and I aint lying,
Now tell me honey, why are the danged kids crying?

Take a whiff of this stew and tell me you old fart.
Is it true what the kids say, I have no heart?

By Jamie Ceslock

No comments: