Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yet Another Neglected Horse Enters Our Gates



Meet Lightening. He is a little almost 2 years old arabian gelding that was surrendered to us. He was living in a junk yard and had suffered a small injury just above his hoof that would have been no problem to heal up if his owners had taken the time to keep it clean and dressed. Unfortunately he is yet another victim of human ignorance and laziness pure and simple. Luckily for little Lightening he found his way into our sanctuary and he has a sponsor who is going to pay to have the proud flesh surgically removed from his foot and once he has recovered from that he will be up for adoption. I’ll replace this crappy photo with a better one once I get a chance to set him up for some more respectable poses.

And since we are on the subject of rescue. I am still working very hard on the all of the ponies out on Highway 47. I have a site meeting next week with the Deputy that is assigned to the case, a vet and a mini expert. We are hoping to be able to gather enough evidence to convince the deputy to press charges against the woman. The trial for the Cordie horses remains October 30th, I can’t wait to go to that!

Things remain to be constantly busy in our little corner of the woods. I still have two horses in full time training. I have a three children and three adults signed up for riding lessons. I am taking private Photoshop and photography lessons which I LOVE. I still work 3 days a week and try to squeeze in riding and shoeing all of my personal horses.

No comments: