Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lightening Update

Updated to add:

Lightening now has his own blogspot and can be found here:Lightening's Blog

Hint: - Just click on the words "Lightening's Blog" and it'll take you right to his page. Make sure to add this to your favorites so you can see how he progresses every day.

Last night the vet came out and did surgery to remove the growth on Lightening's foot. She is worried that the growth is a sarcoid rather then proud flesh and I am afraid that she is probably right. We will know more after the lab work is done on the specimine. He did make it through the surgery with no complications but he now has a huge gaping hole and his hoof is badly deformed. We will have to change his bandages every 3-4 days and I'm afraid that is not going to be an easy process. All of this is costing a lot of money, so far the vet bill is over $300.00. Thank you very much Barbara for your generous donation on the vet bill.

This morning Lightening looked bright eyed and alert although we had an unexpected light frost last night so was a bit cold. He quickly warmed up as he ate his morning grain and hay.

This photos were taking this morning.




4 comments:

la mexicana said...

I really hope the growth isn't a sarcoid. Did they send the growth to a pathologist? He is very young, though, so hopefully it isn't. Keep us posted!

Jamie Cheslock said...

Thank you for your comment. The lab results will be back in 3-4 days.

He really is a sweet, smart horse. Not high strung and fearful like so many arabians can be.

MyTwoPonies said...

Really beautiful pictures! Great job you are doing. I'm in the Seattle area and so let us know if you need anything up here. I love your new bl/wh pinto.

I agree w/ La Mexicana it looks like a sarcoid. Believe it or not - I know of a few young arabs that have gotten one on their feet/leg area.

Jamie Cheslock said...

Yes, I'm afraid you both are probably right. I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.