Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Exhausting and Exciting Weekend


Today’s photo is a nice black and white of a gal getting ready to go sign in for her first class of the day at the Pinto show in Western Washington.

This past weekend was defiantly an eventful one. As previously posted I drove a friend to a Pinto show in Western Washington and got to visit with some of my old show buddies for a couple of days. I really enjoyed seeing all of the people that I used to show with but probably one of the best things of the entire trip was Chelsea was there with my old show horse Blue. I swear when I saw her ride up on him my heart jumped into my throat and I cried like a baby because it was so good to see Blue again and see that he was so happy.

Saturday and Sunday I had the pleasure of giving riding lessons to several people. I’ve never been one to watch the clock to see when the lesson will be over and it has become obvious that I need to watch the clock because most of my lessons went over 2 hours when they are only supposed to be one hour each. I’m really excited about one of my new students, she is fun to work with and enjoys riding horses and her father is happy to support her desire to learn and grow in the horse world. I am looking forward to helping her to be an excellent rider and watching her grow. I sure hope that as she continues to take riding lessons from me she brings some of her friends so I can teach them too.

On with the subject of riding lessons. As much as I would like to concentrate on teaching young 4-H kids and helping them with their horses, I have several students right now that want to take lessons on my horses. I am very fortunate to have several excellent horses to choose from that are working out really well with the riding lessons. Using my horses to teach other people to ride is also forcing me to ride my own more so they will be safe for the program. I forgot how much I enjoy working with my horses in the arena because for the past few years I’ve only been riding them out on the trails.

No comments: