Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yet ANOTHER New Horse in the Barn

Yes it's true I have another new horse in the barn. This one isn't a rescue tho, it's a really nice Quarter Horse mare named Dun Struttin. She's a really pretty little mare who had been through a lot in the past couple of weeks. I had a nice ride on her yesterday but today when I got ready to ride I noticed that she has mastitis. She had a 5 month foal pulled off her about two weeks ago so her bag was full of milk. I imagine that with the stress of having her foal weaned and being shipped off to a new home it was just too much.

I'm going to give this girl some time off to let her udder heal up and then I'm going to work on getting her back in shape and ready for a very lucky 4-H kid to buy her and continue her show career.

I had an awsome ride on Kiwi today. As much fun as it was to have that foal here all summer I am so happy to have my mare back!

No comments: