Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yamhill Derby Days



Today was our small towns celebration days called Yamhill Derby Days. For the past few years we've taken our old Model A into town and run it through the parade. Usually it's just John, Riely and I but this year John jr came with Sophia and Will and we had my Dad along for the ride. We managed to cram 5 people into that car which in a modern car wouldn't be a problem but the 1930 Model A was not designed to be a family car, there is only room in the front seat for two people of small stature! We got everyone comfortably in the car and since there wasn't room for me, I got to watch the parade with little Will.

After the parade we took the car home and went back into town to enjoy the festivities at the park. We participated in the town fund raiser auction and watched the frog jumping contest. Yep, our town is small enough that the PETA people haven't found us yet so we can still have our frog jumping contest. It was so cute watching those little kids try to get their frogs to jump the farthest without touching them.

2 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

I've read a couple posts and will definately be back to check out more!
If you have time I'm at:
http://myhorsesmylife.blogspot.com/

(My Horse Life)

Jamie Cheslock said...

Welcome to my blog and thank you for posting! I'll be sure to visit yours also.