Friday, July 25, 2008

Peppi La Pew



Today's photo is my favorite mare Kiwi and her adopted orphan foal Babs.

We had a visitor of the skunk persuasion this morning. My lovely dog had it trapped under the deck when it decided to let loose it's lovey parfume' so now my entire house smells like a skunk party.

Yesterday I had to go over to a big training barn to try to help the trainer get some shoes on one of the reining horses there. Three different farriers have refused to work on her anymore and one of them got himself hurt pretty good trying to shoe her. I worked with her for over an hour and the only thing I managed to do was get the leftover nails from the old shoes pulled out of her feet. Other then that, every time I tried anything else she would kick hard and fast straight out. I'm supposed to go back today and work with her some more but I'm really starting to think that it's just not worth getting hurt over.

I saddled up the Big Red Horse and rode her in the arena today and had a friend riding one of my geldings in there at the same time. The Big Horse Horse did really well with that and all of the other distractions that presented themselves during our ride. I was really proud of her.

No comments: