Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's been a long time



Since I've updated my blog. Right after my last update, my life got turned into a whirlwind of activities with horses, work, family etc.

Where oh where do I begin?

I took in 3 new rescues that were seized by the Sheriff's Office. Two of them were in critical condition and took a lot of time to rehabilitate and bring back to health.

A neighbors mare died after giving birth so we put the filly on my mare Kiwi and she has been doing really well.

My in laws had some health issues and were moved up into McMinville.

The list goes on and on. Right now John and I are struggling financially because of his new job and cut in pay and also my hours were cut. In an effort to make ends meet I finally decided to take the plung and start training horses and giving riding lessons. So far I have one horse here for training and I think one commitment for lessons, I hope it works out.

Today I have a pre trial hearing for the latest rescue horses and I've been told it should be the last one, this will be the 4th. If they don't reach an agreement today it will go to trial and the defense will very likely go to jail. I sometimes secretely hope that it does go to trial because that woman deserves to rot in jail for the pain and suffering that she put those horses through.

Today's photo if of the two remaining of the original 3 that were seized by the Sheriff and brought here for rehabilitation. Please pray that we will have some closure at the hearing this afternoon.

No comments: