Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally Got Some Rain

We have finally been blessed with a measurable amount of rain. With it of course comes thunder and lightening but that's always fun too! This morning the rain was comming down so hard that it felt like ping pong balls hitting me but I really didn't care, it felt so good to have that wet stuff comming out of the sky and seeing the thirsty earth drink it up just as fast as it could come down.

The only downside of all this is that Cindi the old dalmation is scared to death of the thunder. The poor dog spent all night in our bedroom crying while the storm passed over our small ranch. I tried to comfort her as much as I could but I guess she just couldn't help being afraid.

Today's Photo of of an American Kestrel Falcon that was kind enought to let me photograph it. They are really pretty, very shy little birds of prey.



2 comments:

Dressage Nomad said...

Hi MuleGirl!!!!! I was reading over at FHOTD and checked out your blog hoping to see a post about the email you sent to the Arab/WB breeders and did a double take when I saw the doggie in the sunset picture. And then I recognized your grandson's pony and knew it was you. I'm Stephanie, from Stableminds. Nice to read your blog, you've really done wonders with the horses you've rescued!

Jamie Cheslock said...

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you. Rescue really is rewarding.

Isn't that dog picture cool! I think her owners are going to be pleased with that one!

See you on FUGLY and SM!