Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Colors and Other Silly Stuff

I love fall. It is when I get to say goodbye to all of the dust on our road, the fields turn green again, I can BURN and all of the rain freshens the air up. My FAVORITE thing about fall is that I get to enjoy all of the wonderful colors that Mother Nature blasts into the leaves of the trees and shrubs.

I have a long drive to work every day and am one of the lucky few in that my drive is 95% out in the country. Every day I get to take in nature’s beauty with a few man made wonders tossed in for good measure, every once in awhile I’ll pull over and take a picture of something that catches my eye. I can’t let myself do this too often or else I would have 100’s of excellent photos but I would never get to work and the bills would not get paid.

Today’s photo is one of the opportunities for a picture that presented itself on my way to work last week. I have been eyeballing this old barn for quite awhile because, well….. I just love old barns and of course also because you just never know when the lighting and colors will be right for that oh so perfect photograph. Once I got home and downloaded the shots I thought they looked great but I did do a few adjustments in Photoshop to make the colors on the leaves pop out a little more and put some definition in the sky and on the barn. That together with a little creative cropping I ended up with a pretty good finished product.

No comments: