Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Every Day I Shall Learn Somthing New

I'm obsessed with learning about photography and Photoshop, sometimes I think there is no stopping me. Many times I lay awake at night thinking about all of the different angles I should shoot a portrait at, how I can achieve better light effects behind my subjects, different ways to enhance my photos in Photoshop and making a mental list of all of the photography accessories I'll buy if I ever win the lottery. I doubt I'll ever win the lottery or be rich enough to buy the lens of my dreams since it costs well over $8000.00 so at this point I'll just keep myself happy with learning all I can about photography and Photoshop because other than the electricity to run my laptop, it's free.

I did buy a new lens for my camera today but I swear, I NEEDED IT! I've gotten to the point where I'm just not happy with the quality of photos I get out of the kit lens, the portraits are too soft and the colors just are not as vibrant as I want them to be. This new lense was inexpensive but wow oh wow does it ever make my heart go pitter pat every time I view a photo I took with it, the quality is outstanding.

Here is an example:

Just compare the quality of this photo to the ones in yesterdays entry and you can see the difference, there is just no comparison.

And then of course I had to spend my allotted time for the day learning something new and the Pioneer Woman didn't post a new tutorial for me so I found the COOLEST website that has Photoshop effects step by step for FREE and learned out to do this:



When I was researching actions last week I found one that does this effect for sale for over $70.00!!!!! I wanted it BAD, but not that bad. Now I can do it myself, step by step anytime I want for free. I love that word, free free free free.

No comments: